St. Mark’s Lutheran School’s admissions process is designed to ensure that families understand our program of Christian education well and are comfortable with how our school can serve them. Successful completion of this process indicates that our school is a good fit for the family and that a solid foundation for a successful partnership has been laid. The admissions process is outlined as follows:
- Families interested in our school usually begin by requesting an information packet. This can be done by calling the office or requesting one online. Much of the same information can be obtained by thoroughly reviewing our website.
- Families often make contact with our principal to discuss any questions they have and to set up a campus visit.
- Having read the School Handbook, a family formally begins the enrollment process by filling out and submitting an Application for Admission. For children transferring from another school, the most recent report card and standardized achievement test results need to be submitted with the application.
- Upon receiving the application, the principal contacts the family to set up a meeting. This meeting gives the principal the opportunity to discuss key aspects of our school’s program of Christian education in greater depth and get to know the family. This visit gives the family the opportunity to make sure our school meets their needs and can serve them well. This meeting also includes the administering of our admissions assessment to all applicants entering Kindergarten through eighth grade.
- If the family desires, a visit with one of our pastors can also be arranged. This visit is optional.
- After the meeting with the principal, if the family desires to proceed with enrollment, the principal presents the application to the Board of Child Discipleship (school board) which formally approves or rejects the application. In nearly all cases, successful completion of this admissions process results in acceptance of the application. Parents will be notified whether their child’s application has been accepted or declined, and in some cases of acceptance placed on a waiting list.
- After the application is accepted, the family pays a nonrefundable enrollment commitment fee for each child. This fee varies between $100 and $200 depending on when it is paid.